PhD travel Grant scheme for the 76th Annual RILEM Week in Kyoto
This grant aims to support young researchers working in lower- and middle-income countries, who otherwise may not be able to attend the RILEM Annual Week.
Application for the grant is open to PhD students or recently graduated (after 1st January 2022) PhDs who are:
- Under the age of 35.
- Residing in any of the countries where a special discount RILEM
fee is applicable. Please refer to the RILEM website
for a complete list of these countries.
- Presenting an accepted abstract at the conference.
- Not awardees of previous editions of this grant.
This call offers a maximum of 4 grants.
The winners will be asked to write an extended abstract and will be asked to present their work as an oral presentation at the conference.
Winners will receive the following benefits from RILEM and the conference organizing committee:
- Free registration at the conference.
- An economic support between € 1,500.00 and € 2,000.00 to cover air
transportation, lodging and food expenses to attend the event in person.
- 3-year RILEM membership.
- The opportunity to have a highlighted presentation during a conference session.
The winners will be selected by an international jury on the basis of:
- The technical quality of the abstract submitted.
- A one-minute motivational video explaining how the
RILEM PhD Grant will enhance their career development and prospects,
including future participation in RILEM activities.
- The ambition of RILEM to support equality, diversity and inclusion in terms of
personal characteristics, geographical distribution of awardees, and research
subject areas within the RILEM fields of interest.
Before the conference abstract submission deadline, applicants should first submit their abstract via the standard route through the following link (Call for abstracts). After receiving the correspondent reference number assigned for their abstract, the applicant must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 31st March, 2022 with the following information:
Subject line: RILEM PhD travel Grant Application – name of applicant – Abstract ID #Attachments:
- Abstract(s) as submitted and accepted, and extended abstract.
- One-minute motivational video.
- Supporting letter from the PhD supervisor for PhD students OR a certificate that indicates the date in which the PhD degree was awarded for recently graduated PhDs.
- Budget proposal for the expected expenditure to attend the event (including travel, visa, accommodation, and subsistence). The budget estimate should be made with due diligence, as overestimation could reduce the number of possible grants.